You learn something new every day!
At first I was unsure what version of the word to use. Then I realized I was being pedantic. Spelling does not affect the taste of a recipe.
Sweet Potato Doughnuts with Cinnamon Icing
For the Donuts
1 cup grated sweet potato
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or sweetener of choice)
20 drops liquid stevia
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
For the icing
1 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp granulated stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp almond milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350F). Grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. Place all the ingredients for the donuts in a bowl and mix till thoroughly combined (no need to be delicate or add liquids to the solids!)
3. Spoon the mixture into a large zip-lock bag. Cut one of the corners off the bag, creating a hole large enough to pipe the mixture out of. Squeezing the mixture, pipe it into the rings of the donut pan, using a wet finger to smooth out any uneven surface areas that occur.
4. Now place the pan in the oven and bake for 25-30min. Once the donut is golden brown and the center feels springy to touch, remove from the oven and let cool completely before icing.
5. To make the icing combine the ingredients in a small bowl, stirring to combine. Place the bowl in the fridge for a few minutes, until the icing starts to harden. Remove from the fridge and continue to stir the icing until it thickens to a paste-like consistency. Using a knife, ice the donuts with the paste. If the icing is hardening too quickly, resulting in a rough uneven surface, don't fret! Simply run the knife under boiling water and then use it to smooth out the icing over the donuts, achieving an even glossy coat.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin