Less gluten = a happier me that can bake her bread and eat it too!
No Knead, Long-Fermented Spelt Bread
3 1/4 cups of wholemeal spelt flour
1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon honey
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. Place the yeast, honey and warm water in a bowl and stir until well combined. Leave the yeast for 10-15 minutes until nice and frothy. Add the flour, poppyseeds and salt, mixing to combine with a wooden spoon.
2. Now, cover the dough, and let it sit at room temperature for 18-24 hours
3. Once the dough is ready, place the dough onto a floured board. Place some flour on top of the dough as well as in your hands and shape the dough. Cover and allow to proof for one and a half hours.
4. After an hour has passed, place your cast iron pot into the oven and heat it for 30 min at 220 degrees Celcius (450F).
5. After the pot has been heating for 30 minutes and the dough proofing for 90, uncover the dough, place a piece of parchment paper over and invert the dough onto it. Score the top of the dough with a very sharp knife. Remove the pot from the oven and drop the loaf into the cooker with the parchment paper. Cover with the lid and return to the oven, baking for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes remove the lid and allow to bake for a further 20-30 minutes, until the loaf is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack before slicing. Enjoy :)