Why bake a cheesecake made with full fat cream cheese and refined sugar when you can bake cheesecake tart that tastes just as good?!
For each slice this tart only has 160 calories, 6.8g carbs, 9.4g protein and 11.1g fat.
It did not disappoint.
Low Carb Lemon Cheesecake Tart
250g 80% less fat light Philadelphia cream cheese (or use full fat for a more paleo version)
250g Natural or Greek yoghurt (the variety with no added sugar)
1/2 cup granulated stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tbsp milk of choice
2 tsp lemon zest
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp vanilla essence
Coconut oil to spray
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius (350F)
2. In a food processor, blend together the cream cheese, yoghurt, stevia, 3 eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla essence until creamy and smooth
3. In a bowl, mix together the remaining egg, coconut flour, almond meal and milk. Mix until it forms a dough.
4. Spray a loose bottomed tart tin with coconut oil to grease (I used a a circular 25cm pan). Using your hands, press the dough mixture into the pan so it forms a thin crust. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan.
5. Bake the tart for 30min, until the middle is wobbly but just set. Remove from oven
6. Let cool completely before removing the tart from the tin and slicing.