Comfort food at its healthiest.
Paleo Turkey Meatloaf with a Spiced Cranberry Glaze
Adapted from Paleo Foodie Kitchen
500g Turkey Mince
200g Bacon, diced
3 stems celery, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 brown onion, diced
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (To ensure it is paleo friendly you can make your own here)
1/2 cup almond meal (or for the non-paleos you can use breadcrumbs)
Salt and pepper to season
For the glaze
1/2 cup craisins (dried cranberries although you could use fresh)
Juice from 1/2 and orange
2 tsp orange zest
1/2 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius (350F). Grease and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients for the meatloaf in a large bowl and mix well.
3. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 min.
4. Meanwhile to make the cranberry glaze, combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil and then lower the heat, simmering gently for 10 min. Using a hand held blender stick, blitz the mixture until it resembles a chunky glaze.
5. After the meatloaf has been in the oven for 50 min, remove and spread the glaze on top. Return to the oven for another 10 min. Once the glaze has warmed, remove the meatloaf from the oven, let rest for 10-15 minutes and then serve with accompanying vegetables.