Buttermilk Dill Chicken
Adapted from BS in the Kitchen
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
2 tsp lemon zest
Juice of half a lemon
4 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and Pepper
4 Chicken thighs (about 110grams each)
1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Vegetables to serve with. I boiled some broccoli which I then sprinkled with chili flakes and garlic oil. I also thinly sliced some sweet potato into 'fries,' sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled with cayenne pepper before baking for 20min at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, buttermilk and chicken thighs in a large ziplock bag. Massage the bag so the chicken is covered evenly and then place in the fridge for at least 8 hours (you could also leave it overnight).
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with baking paper. ( I used this tray to cook my sweet potato also which I put in the oven now.)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add the chicken and a few tablespoons of the marinade and allow to cook in the pan for 5 minutes before turning. Cook the other side for 5 minutes also.
- Once done pan, place chicken on the baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the thickest part of the thigh is fully cooked and when pricked the juices run clear. My chicken thighs only took about 8 minutes in the oven as they were on the smaller side. You could also make this recipe with chicken breast however they would need longer cooking times in the oven. Adjust accordingly.
- Once cooked remove from the oven and serve with the vegetables of your choice.